The Healthcare Anchor Network (HAN) is a growing national collaboration of 70+ leading healthcare systems building more inclusive and sustainable local economies that have adopted the “anchor mission.” HAN member systems realize that the anchor mission means leveraging their substantial economic resources through hiring, purchasing, and investing strategies to address legacies of community disinvestment, to benefit low-income communities and communities of color experiencing the greatest inequities, and to help build communities where all can be healthy and thrive. HAN exists to incubate and scale strategies that establish the anchor mission as a healthcare sector priority and to lead innovation in anchor mission implementation, both internally and in partnership with community.
About the Position
The Program Associate for Impact and Analytics at the Healthcare Anchor Network (HAN) will provide organizational and programmatic support for data collection and analysis for HAN’s member network of healthcare systems across the United States.
This involves working within HAN’s data collection and dashboard infrastructure to successfully collect, audit, and manage data submissions across different program areas (for both internal and external data), ensuring data quality, and providing support to representatives tasked with advancing data collection at their respective institutions.
This is a remote, full-time position intended to start late March 2022. This nonexempt, bargaining unit position, classification Program Associate II or III, will report to the Program Manager for Impact & Analytics.
The Program Associate will have the following general duties and responsibilities, as well as other duties that may arise based on the demands of specific anchor programs and project deliverables. All tasks below are to be executed under the direction of the Program Manager of Impact and Analytics.
Support the Healthcare Anchor Network’s yearly data collection process (60%)
- Track network members’ progress towards data collection and submission
- Carry out data collection orientations with HAN members
- Create, maintain, review and adapt data submissions and collection spreadsheets, backend spreadsheets, auxiliary materials and files for data upload into HAN Dashboard
- Review data submissions for accuracy
Support the development of metrics and tools for impact assessment and benchmarking (20%)
- Assist other HAN staff, consultants, and member representatives in researching potential hiring, procurement, investment, and sustainability metrics for feasibility and applicability to the anchor mission
- Research, review, and assess potential developments and improvements to the functionality of the HAN Dashboard tool
Assist the Building the Evidence Base initiative group of the Healthcare Anchor Network (10%)
- Provide support in the development of materials and information to:
- Onboard new member systems
- Inform member systems of deadlines, developments, metric definition changes, and other relevant information during regularly scheduled calls
Other Responsibilities and Duties As Assigned (10%)
- Ability to travel 4 – 5 times per year in support of project related events
- Support other anchor program areas with internal analytics as well as yearly data collection process
- Develop and carry out analyses of convening participation and member engagement
- Support other HAN initiative groups as needed
- Detail oriented and capable of managing multiple deadlines across several program areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating across teams, work styles, and communication styles
- Ability to ensure data quality, integrity, and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and ability to work effectively with moderately complex functions, pivot tables, and other spreadsheet features, etc.
- Experience with managing datasets, developing performance indicators & metrics, and analyzing data
- A passion for bringing people together
- A commitment to and passion for (or commitment to learning about) using data to improve racial, social, and environmental disparities
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of post-college work experience or relevant specialist skills/experience.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Job includes a generous benefits package including health care, three weeks of paid vacation per year, and an employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan. The starting salary for a Program Associate II is $58,940 and the maximum salary for a Program Associate III is $72,335.
Send résumé/CV with references, a detailed cover letter regarding your interest in and desire to make a contribution to the mission and work of the Healthcare Anchor Network, and a 2-3 page writing sample to email@example.com. Include “Program Associate for Impact and Analytics” in the subject line. Please note that given the volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. No emails or phone calls, please. We will contact all candidates who qualify for first-round interviews.
The Healthcare Anchor Network is committed to building a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Application Deadline: February 4, 2022
Start Date: Late March