The Healthcare Anchor Network’s (HAN) Anchoring Resilience: Aligning Supply Chains and Impact Purchasing for Community Health summit catalyzed the conversation around how the healthcare sector could collaborate to more intentionally onshore and localize production of PPE and other important supplies with an emphasis on equity, sustainability, and supply chain resilience. The summit was supported by HAN member Kaiser Permanente in collaboration with Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth. Forty-seven HAN health system leaders representing 47 states and D.C. participated in the summit.
HAN’s white paper Reimagining Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Supply Chains was released at the summit and calls for national leadership and healthcare sector collaboration to create PPE production capacity for American sourced and manufactured supplies. The white paper included interviews with 17 HAN member senior supply chain executives and other leaders who discussed the supply chain challenges and stressed the critical need to build resilient supply chains.
HAN member speakers at the summit were:
- Mary Beth Lang, Chief Supply Chain and Purchasing Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Simrit Sandhu, Chief Supply Chain and Support Services Officer, Cleveland Clinic
- Bruce Radcliff, Senior Vice President of Supply Chain, Advocate Aurora Health
- Jeremy Strong, Vice President of Supply Chain, Rush University System for Health
- John Wright, Vice President of Supply Chain & Support Services, Intermountain Healthcare